Feb. 21: Couples Counseling and Therapy
Join Susan Pye Brokaw, MA, LMFT, for this workshop on Feb. 21, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at Adler Graduate School in Minnetonka.
You will learn:
* Techniques for dealing with modern marriage issues
* Psycho-educational approaches that teach clients how to function in a healthy relationship
* Tools to help clients learn to solve relationship problems
* Methods to help couples understand underlying reasons for their behaviors in a relationship
* Important information to obtain at intake, and why.
Register at https://alfredadler.edu/events/2304
Coming in April from the Adlerian Network founder:
Counseling Parents of Children Up To Age 12
April 24 from 9-4:30, Adler Graduate School
Susan Pye Brokaw, MA, LMFT
It is the parents’ job to train their children, before the teen years, to be capable, cooperative and contributing, so that they can succeed in the home and community. When children are misbehaving, parents need to change their approach in dealing with them. This presentation will provide practitioners with techniques for helping parents improve their children’s behavior.
Provide participants with psycho-educational information that is important for parents to learn about raising children.
Participants will learn the purpose behind misbehavior and how parents can understand why the misbehavior is occurring.
Participants will learn specific techniques that will help parents to improve the behavior of their children.
Susan Pye Brokaw will teach, demonstrate, and provide group activities. Participants will see how the techniques discussed are used in working with parents.
6 CE’sFor more information and to register: https://alfredadler.edu/events/2313